Thursday, November 04, 2004

how many licks?

I'm late on this one since the course must have started for the fall semester, but Syracuse U. has a course called "Hip-Hop Eshu: Queen Bitch101 -- The Life and Times of Lil' Kim". Per the course description, "The Syracuse course requires students to read Kim's song lyrics as literary texts and analyze her iconography in videos and performances." Lil'Kim's lyrics as literary texts.... did I read that right? *blink* Yeah, that's what the course description from the esteemed Syracuse U. says. Here I thought Lil'Kim was easily summed up as "all tasteless sex talk, all the time". Little did I know she was a literary figure worthy of careful analysis!

So I hurried to find some Lil'Kim lyrics to expand my literary horizons. I just have to post some here. Ponder the subtle but deep meaning behind her words. Consider writing an essay analyzing this verse in a post modern critique style. Expect to see Penguin Classics and others publish her works for decades to come so that future generations of students may learn from them!

"Dan my nigga from Down South
Used to like me to spank him and cum in his mouth
And Tony he was Italian (Uh-huh)And he didn't give a fuck (Uh-huh)
That's what I liked about him
He ate my pussy from dark till the mornin
Called his girl up and told her we was bonin
Puerto Rican papi, used to be a Deacon
But now he be sucking me off on the weekend
And this black dude I called King Kong
He had a big ass dick and a hurricane tongue

So, how many licks does it take till you get to the center of the?(Cause I've got to know)"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home