Saturday, July 02, 2005

Ibiza, Valencia, back to Madrid

Well, the tour is almost over. We have 2 nights in Madrid and then bid farewell on the 4th of July. I´ll be staying in Madrid for one more night beyond that because my flight was much cheaper on the 5th. Well, it´s sort of 1 more night. I have to get to the airport around 4:30 or 5am to leave. Blech.

The last day in Ibiza was pretty good. Got up at 2 or 3pm, whiled away the afternoon and early evening, headed for San Antonio later, and then from there went to Cream at Amnesia for the night. I was torn between that and the Salvacion night at El Divino, a club I´d not been to yet that I heard was cool, but I followed everyone else to Amnesia. It was good, lots of hard progressive trance, but I´m not convinced it was worth the 38 euro cover charge and 12 euro drinks. We were a weak early for Cream. Starting next week, every Thursday at Cream it will be either Paul van Dyk or Tiesto playing the main room clear through September.

Anyway, after a couple hours of sleep, I had to get up and board the ferry back to the mainland. We went to Valencia, which from what little I saw of it is a beautiful city. We had so little time there though. I´d love to have had a full day to explore. Then today we boarded the bus for the final drive back to Madrid. We´ll go out tonight and have all day tomorrow to wander around.

I´m tired and have the sore throat that´s plaguing about half the people on the bus now. I guess we like to share the Spanish germs. It´s just a couple more days though. I can rest when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home