Sunday, June 19, 2005

Live from Ibiza

I´m on the Spanish island of Ibiza in a little internet store by my hotel. After some very long flights and layovers, I finally got here. My hotel is right on the edge of the beach, which is very nice. Now I just have to head for the Space nightclub for the We Love Space opening party. I´m looking forward to an all night party. It´s barely past 4pm right now though. It doesn´t feel weird going to a nightclub while the sun´s still shining.

Some old guy spilled his beer on me on the flight over here. Nice. I didn´t want to wear that shirt anyway, right? The hotel is alright. They don´t seem to have heard of carpeting. The room floors are all tile. At least it´s clean and air conditioned though. That´s better than some of the dumps around here where many of the clubbers stay on the cheap.

English has been very common during this trip so far. Like when they give instructions on the airline, they are typically given in English and the native language. The other thing that I´ve been pleased to spot is Live Strong yellow wristbands. Lance Armstrong´s foundation evidently isn´t just an American thing, as I´ve seen several on Spaniards already. Anyway, off to Space. More updates later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home