Thursday, September 01, 2005

I thought the violence couldn't get any more ridiculous, but I was wrong.

From CNN: "Hospitals are trying to evacuate," said Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Cheri Ben-Iesan, spokesman at the city emergency operations center. "At every one of them, there are reports that as the helicopters come in people are shooting at them. There are people just taking pot shots at police and at helicopters, telling them, 'You better come get my family."' I'll get the link later. I closed the browser window and need to get back to work in a sec.

The New Orleans blogger I posted about previously has some more updates. I haven't tracked this news down anywhere official yet, but he says the word is that active duty Marines are now in the city along with the National Guard. Many areas are still total chaos and anarchy though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home