Monday, February 27, 2006

Scattershot

Last week the South Dakota senate passed a bill to outlaw abortion in the state. To quote the article:
"The momentum for a change in the national policy on abortion is going to come in the not-too-distant future," said Rep. Roger W. Hunt, a Republican who sponsored the bill. To his delight, abortion opponents succeeded in defeating all amendments designed to mitigate the ban, including exceptions in the case of rape or incest or the health of the woman. Hunt said that such "special circumstances" would have diluted the bill and its impact on the national scene.

So... this man thinks a woman should be forced to carry a baby to term even if she's pregnant because she was raped by her father? Asshole. No further comment... the idiocy speaks for itself.

I went skiing the weekend before last. There were no fatalities. I hadn't been skiing for about 8 or 10 years and was never all that good at it. Some coworkers talked me into going along though, and I dragged them to Bell's brewpub afterward. Both were fun. I highly recommend Bell's beer, and while I fortunately didn't spot any scorned women, their Abbey Dubbel style brew called "Hell Hath No Fury" was very good.

Last Saturday evening was a birthday celebration for both of my parents and my brother. They're all February birthdays. There was the traditional German chocolate cake and entirely too much food in general. When I got home I felt like beaching myself somewhere. Good times.

I just noticed that Hugo Weaving is starring in the up coming film "V for Vendetta". Weaving, of course, is best known as Agent Smith from the Matrix movies and Elrond from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Will I be able to watch his new film without thinking, "Mr. Anderson..."? Probably not.

Iran is still determined to get nukes. Not that that's a surprise to anyone. Lots of nations want nukes. It's their only hope if they ever tick us off. That doesn't make it right, but let's face it, our military is so much more powerful than the rest of the world's that the only real deterrent any other nation would have if they get us pissed at them is WMDs. So their ambitions are not surprising, but on the other hand, the leaders in Iran are also batshit crazy.

I was going to post some other random stuff, but I decided I don't care right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home