Thursday, October 12, 2006

How much did she weigh?

My brother and his wife successfully spawned today. Yes, their first child, a daughter, was born this morning. That makes me an uncle and my parents are finally grandparents. My mother was probably going crazy having to wait this long. I'll be visiting them this evening.

When I mentioned the birth to a coworker, she immediately said, "how much did she weigh?" No one told me, but I was wondering why women always ask this question. The men didn't ask, but women always do. Who cares? The baby is healthy. I don't care whether it was 6 lb 6 oz, 7 lb 3 oz, 8 lb 1 oz, or whatever. If anyone else asks me that question, I'm going to say "17 pounds" with a straight face just to see the reaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home