Monday, November 29, 2004

Top 5 movies of 2004

I realized I haven't seen nearly as many movies this year as I have in years past, so my movies to draw from for a top 5 list are more limited. It looks like I need to hit the video store a few more times. I thought I had a great one with Return of the King, but then I saw it was released in December of 2003. So here's what I've come up with so far --

Top 5 Movies for 2004
1. Spiderman 2 -- How often do you see a sequel that's better than the original? It's just a great action film, maybe the best conversion of a comic book to a movie ever.
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind -- already mentioned in this blog recently
3. Hero -- simply beautiful, if this one doesn't win some oscars for cinematography, something is wrong.
4. House of Flying Daggers -- See #3. These two films by the same director will likely compete with each other for those cinematography oscars.
5. Garden State or Sideways (tie)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home