Tuesday, May 31, 2005

bad modeling contest

I came across an advertisement in Stuff magazine (motto: we make Maxim look intellectual!) today. Stuff and Sony are doing a model search for a woman to play Queen Antonia from Everquest 2. As you might suspect for a queen, she's very young, very hot, and typically wears little more than a fancy bikini. So I browsed through the contest entries. They made every girl say why she wants to play the character, which was a cruel thing to do to the hopelessly dumb. The results were kind of amusing though. Here are some quotes from the entries:

Worst innuendo: I'd love to think of all the gamers out there playing with me as their character.

At least she's honest: With the right makeup, some blue contacts, and a padded bra, I think I could make a good Antonia.

Odd: all in all: tara = antonia = tara. that's all there is. that and i can kick your ass. cause i'm a ninja.

Gladiator: My name is Anna, but alot of people call me "Blade" from being one of the Swedish gladiators in the TV-show with the same name!

You entered a contest from Stuff magazine featuring a bikini clad babe who is very obviously in a video game for eye candy, and yet said this?

1) this is not my resume, this is my plea: That you would choose someone genuine. Someone who does not represent a product, someone who represents the joy of the game and the spirit of those who play it. I am Skarlett of Guk and I play every day.

2) Wholesome? I hope whoever wins is a wholesome girl that plays the game and loves it, not someone with fake boobs and no idea who Vox or Naggy are.

3) And next to a tiny bikini pic: I hate the idea of being taken for a pretty face. She's strength and power and beauty.

If the way the character is used in all their game advertisements, the fact that it's a Stuff magazine contest too, or at least the little animation on the contest home page didn't clue you in that genuine and wholesome isn't exactly the goal here, I'm afraid you're hopeless.

And finally: I would love to represent the company. I feel that I have a similar look & adequate experience as a model. I was Playmate of the Year 2004 & this month's cover model for Fitness Rx. Thank You! Carmella Yeah... it's her. Contest over. Though why she'd want to win this one, I'm not sure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home