Monday, March 06, 2006

Another movie... Doom

I had a beer and a screwdriver while watching Doom last night. I recommend a lot more alcohol. At such a moderate consumption level, I was unable to drink the movie good. I'm not sure that's possible anyway. Sure I didn't have any high hopes for this film. I just wanted a fun, mindless, fast paced action film. There are two good things about it. One, the five minute first person shooter perspective near the end of the movie is good for a laugh, and two, The Rock is in it. He's playing a ridiculous part in a ridiculous film, but as in his other movie roles, especially in The Rundown, he seems to know how silly it is and plays his part with a subtle wink at the camera. His charisma comes through and makes the poor plot and rather slow early pacing a bit more tolerable. However, he can't save the film from these flaws and atrocious dialogue. So again, I can't recommend the film without copious amounts of alcohol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home