Sunday, March 26, 2006

Beer snob's paradise

I got bored yesterday and decided to take a roadtrip to Kahn's Fine Wines on the north side of Indianapolis. A Fort Wayne native on Ratebeer had recommended it to me last month. Kahn's carries something like 800 varieties of beer. It was like beer snob heaven. The store was well staffed with very knowledgeable employees who were helpful and willing to dig around in the back to retrieve beers that I requested and couldn't find on the shelves. The manager was a veritable encyclopedia of fine brews. I can't recommend this store highly enough. They even believe in cellaring some of the beers that age well for a couple of years so people like myself can find them now. Also while I wasn't looking at the wines, I understand that they have an excellent selection. Look for their Keystone Ave. location for the vast beer selection.

Not that anyone is likely to care, but my excellent loot from this first trip to Kahn's included the following:
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout 2003
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Rochefort 10
Stone Brewery 8th Anniversary
Stone Brewery Double Bastard
Stone Brewery Vertical Epic 04.04.04
Ommegang Three Philosophers
Avery The Beast
Barley Island Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout
Founders Imperial Stout
Thirsty Dog Siberian Imperial Stout
Great Divide Hercules Double IPA
Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout
Dark Horse 3 Guys Off the Scale Barley Wine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home