Saturday, February 10, 2007

Film - It's All Gone Pete Tong

I just finished watching a film called "It's All Gone Pete Tong". The title is a phrase which wikipedia tells me is cockney rhyming slang for "It's all gone wrong". It certainly has as this movie develops. The film is a mock biopic of fictional DJ Frankie Wilde. Shot on location in Ibiza, the sights of Pacha, Amnesia, and I believe the patio of Space brought smiles of recognition as I thought back to my nights at these super-sized nightclubs.

Early on, Frankie Wilde is on top of the world of techno music DJing. He's living it up on Ibiza with women, drugs, money, and anything else he wants. Then he starts going deaf and the movie chronicles his fall. The scenes of a man losing everything and sinking further and further into drugs and despair manage to be both tragic and comical. Watch out for the coke badger! The story isn't over though, and surprisingly, the movie ends up being, dare I say it, rather heartwarming.

For the music and for a little taste of Ibiza, I'd recommend the movie who like electronic music and the club scene. Even if you're not into the music though, consider watching it for the story of a man who rises, falls, and rises again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home